As stipulated in the Foundation's statutes, the Executive Committee is the legal representative of the Foundation, and is responsible for the fulfilment of the Foundation’s purpose and the administration of its assets. The Executive Committee is also the decision-making body regarding the awarding of grants. The Foundation is jointly represented by two members of the Executive Committee, both in and out of court. All members of the Executive Committee work in an honorary capacity.
- Christoph Boehringer (Chairman) – Entrepreneur, Ingelheim
- Prof. Dr Dr Andreas Barner – C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co. KG, Ingelheim
- Prof. Dr Michael P. Manns – MD Hannover Medical School (MHH), Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endocrinology Clinic, Hannover
Honorary Chairman of the Executive Committee
- Otto Boehringer – Mainz
Scientific Advisory Board.
The Scientific Advisory Board supports and advises the Executive Committee on science-related matters. All members work in an honorary capacity. Their expertise contributes decisively to the development of the Foundation’s funding portfolio: For instance, the members of the Scientific Advisory Board are involved in periodical evaluations of funding programmes and initiatives. They also e.g. scrutinize and discuss applications submitted to the Plus 3 and Exploration Grant funding programmes based on the analysis of external peer-reviewers, and provide recommendations to the Executive Committee with respect to approval or rejection.
- Prof. Dr Dr Andreas Barner (Chairman) – C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co. KG, Ingelheim
- Prof. Dr Dieter Häussinger – MD Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Infectiology Clinic, Düsseldorf
- Prof. Dr Wieland Huttner – Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden
- Prof. Dr Herbert Waldmann – Max Planck Institute for Molecular Physiology, Dortmund
Located in central Mainz, the head office of the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation conducts the daily business in accordance with the wishes of the Executive Committee, and implements its decisions. It also serves as the point of contact for all applicants and other interested parties.
- Dr Claudia Walther – Managing Director
- Kirsten Achenbach – Communications
- Simone Freimund – Funding Programmes (Administration)
- Dr Sabine Loewer – Funding Programmes and Heinrich Wieland Prize
Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
Phone: +49 (0) 6131 / 27 508-12
Fax: +49 (0) 6131 / 27 508-11
Directions to our offices in Mainz.