As stipulated in the Foundation's statutes, the Executive Committee is the legal representative of the Foundation, and is responsible for the fulfilment of the Foundation’s purpose and the administration of its assets. The Executive Committee is also the decision-making body regarding the awarding of grants. The Foundation is jointly represented by two members of the Executive Committee, both in and out of court. All members of the Executive Committee work in an honorary capacity.
- Christoph Boehringer (Chairman) – Entrepreneur, Ingelheim
- Prof. Dr Michael P. Manns – President and Board Member responsible for the Division of Research and Education, Hannover Medical School (MHH), Hannover
- Prof. Dr Jan-Michael Peters – Scientific Director, Research Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP), Vienna, Austria
Honorary Chairman of the Executive Committee
- Otto Boehringer – Mainz
Scientific Advisory Board.
The Scientific Advisory Board supports and advises the Executive Committee on science-related matters. All members work in an honorary capacity. Their expertise contributes decisively to the development of the Foundation’s funding portfolio: For instance, the members of the Scientific Advisory Board are involved in periodical evaluations of funding programmes and initiatives. They also e.g. scrutinize and discuss applications submitted to the Plus 3 and Exploration Grant funding programmes based on the analysis of external peer-reviewers, and provide recommendations to the Executive Committee with respect to approval or rejection.
- Prof. Dr Ivan Dikic – Director, Institute of Biochemistry II, Goethe University Medical Faculty, Frankfurt am Main
- Dr. Dr. Michel Pairet, Board of Managing Directors, C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co. KG, Ingelheim
- Prof. Dr Britta Siegmund – Medical Director CC 13 and of the Medical Department, Division of Gastroenterology, Infectiology und Rheumatology, Charité - Universitätsmedizin, Berlin
- Prof. Dr Herbert Waldmann (Chairman) – Director, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Dortmund
Located in central Mainz, the head office of the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation conducts the daily business in accordance with the wishes of the Executive Committee, and implements its decisions. It also serves as the point of contact for all applicants and other interested parties.
- Dr Stephan Formella – Managing Director Science & Research
- Marc Wittstock – Managing Director Finance & Administration
- Kirsten Achenbach – Communications
- Simone Freimund – Funding Programmes (Administration)
- Dr Sabine Loewer – Funding Programmes and Heinrich Wieland Prize
Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
Phone: +49 (0) 6131 / 27 508-12
Directions to our offices in Mainz.